6060 Primacy Parkway, Suite 100
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Email: ehuseth [at] harrisshelton [dot] com
Emily Hamm Huseth is an experienced advocate who has proven herself an indispensable team member to the health care, litigation, and appellate practices at Harris Shelton.
Emily has played an active role in successfully litigating cases through trial in state courts in Tennessee and Mississippi and in federal district courts. She has represented local individuals, physicians, hospitals, and a variety of national and international businesses. Emily has participated in multiple bench and jury trials, and she uses this experience to counsel clients not only on how to succeed in obtaining a final judgment but also on how to resolve a case through settlement to the client's satisfaction.
For clients whose cases do proceed to judgment, Emily offers her expertise as a seasoned appellate court practitioner. Emily has participated in numerous cases on appeal, achieving victories in the areas of commercial disputes, tort litigation, and family law. She has represented clients in the appellate courts of Tennessee and Mississippi, the Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals, and the United States Supreme Court. In particular, Emily is known for her research and writing skills as well as her ability to clearly articulate complex legal theories. She is often sought out to assist in preparing appellate briefs, the most important component of a successful appeal.
- Health Care Litigation
- Litigation & Dispute Resolution
- Appellate Practice
- Health Care Licensing, Privileging & Credentialing
- Health Care Regulatory & Transactions
Professional Affiliations, Activities, and Honors
- Mid-South Rising Star, Appellate, 2018
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Leadership Development Program, Fraud and Abuse Practice Group, July 2018-June 2019
- Defense Research Institute
- Appellate Advocacy, Committee Member
- Government Enforcement & Corporate Compliance, Committee Member
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Mississippi Bar Association
- Memphis Bar Association
- Health Law Section, Board Member and Outreach Committee Vice-Chair
Publications and Presentations
- “ACE Blast – CMS Publishes Proposed Rule to Update Life Safety Code and Health Care Facilities Code Requirements for Certain Dialysis Facilities,” November 29, 2016. https://www.healthlawyers.org/Members/PracticeGroups/RAP/Pages/ACEAG.aspx
- “The Ultimate Cheerleading Competition – Memphis Goes to the Supreme Court: The Perspective of Local Lawyers from the District Court through Oral Argument,” Federal Bar Association Supreme Court Seminar, April 18, 2017.
- Huseth, E. H. “Legal Issues in Patient Positioning.” In Arthur, A., Foley, K. and Hamm, C. W., Eds. Perioperative Considerations and Positioning for Neurosurgical Procedures: A Clinical Guide. Springer, New York: 2018.
- Tennessee, 2010
- Mississippi, 2011
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Sixth Circuit
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Mississippi
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of Mississippi
- Emory University School of Law, J.D. with honors, 2010
- Order of the Coif
- Emory Law Journal, Managing Editor
- American Bar Association Health Law Section & Bureau of National Affairs, Inc. Award for Excellence in the Study of Health Law
- Rice University, B.A. summa cum laude, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa