829 North Lamar Blvd., Suite 2
Oxford, MS 38655
Email: dhobbs [at] harrisshelton [dot] com
Dee Hobbs focuses his practice in all areas of business and transactional law, corporate law, commercial and residential real estate transactions, commercial real estate development and construction law matters, contract law and sophisticated contract negotiations, estate planning and probate, health care law. Mr. Hobbs advises individuals, families, corporations, limited liability entities and estates with tax and business planning issues and in various contract negotiations and has guided them through and closed various transactions. Mr. Hobbs represents developers and contractors in North Mississippi with all real estate, contract, zoning and entitlement matters before municipalities and county governments. In respect to corporate finance, he has experience with various private debt and equity transactions. His experience in intellectual property matters comes from his representation of film and television production companies and technology companies with licensing, copyright and trademark issues. His health care experience includes representing the largest health care provider in North Mississippi with various transactions, real estate matters and contract negotiations, negotiating physician employment agreements and joint venture arrangements among physician practice groups and other healthcare providers.
He began his career working at Baker Donelson Bearman Caldwell & Bekowitz PC as an associate attorney in Birmingham, AL. At Baker Donelson, Dee worked in the Mergers and Acquisitions, Health Care and Real Estate practice groups. After four years with Baker Donelson, he moved back to his hometown of Oxford, MS, where he founded DH Sports Management LLC and worked as an NFL agent for three years. As a former sports agent, Mr. Hobbs has experience in negotiating contracts quickly during player drafts and experience with complicated media and public relations issues on behalf of coaches and players. During this time, he also practiced law at Harris Shelton’s Oxford office as an associate attorney, where is now a partner.
Mr. Hobbs has served on the board of directors for the Ole Miss Alumni Association and the Phoenix Club of Birmingham, which benefits the Boys & Girls Club of Central Alabama. Dee volunteers with an Oxford food pantry and he previously coached inner-city league and church league youth basketball.
Periodically, Mr. Hobbs serves as an adjunct instructor at The University of Mississippi School of Business teaching Business Law. He enjoys mountain biking, golf and attending SEC sporting events.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Mississippi Business Journal’s “Leaders in Law Award” as one of Mississippi’s leading business attorneys, 2014
- Mid-South Super Lawyers, Rising Star, 2009 – 2014
- Alabama Bar Association, Member
- Lafayette County Bar Association, Member
- Mississippi Bar Association, member, including Business Law, Tax Law, Real Estate Law, Health Care Law and Intellectual Property Law Sections
- Tri-County Young Lawyers Association, Member
- University of Georgia, J.D., cum laude, 2001
- Finalist in the J. Melvin England Mock Trial Competition, 2000
- Best Brief Award in the Tallmadge Moot Court Competition, 2000
- The University of Mississippi, Masters of Taxation, 1998
- The University of Mississippi, B.A. in accountancy, 1997
- Mississippi, 2005
- Alabama, 2001