6060 Primacy Parkway, Suite 100
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Email: sgarner [at] harrisshelton [dot] com
Sara Garner is a dedicated advocate for her clients and our community. A former police officer,
Sara focuses her practice in the areas of health care, medical malpractice defense, and municipal
law. She considers herself a partner to her clients and is committed to helping them resolve their
legal challenges head-on.
Before joining Harris Shelton, Sara worked as a legal extern in the legal departments at Baptist
Memorial Health Care Corporation and St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital.
While pursuing her law degree, she gained experience as an intern for the U.S. Attorney’s Office,
the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation, and the Office of Magistrate
Judge Charmaine G. Claxton for the U.S. District Court, Western District of Tennessee.
Prior to attending law school, Sara served with the Memphis Police Department for five years as
a CIT (Crisis Intervention Team) Officer, and was a competitive shooter with the Memphis
Police Department Pistol Team. Her hard work and dedication is further exemplified by her
physical training in martial arts, having achieved a black belt ranking.
Outside of work, Sara enjoys spending time with her family, traveling, running, and martial arts.
She is a proud supporter of the U.S. Armed Forces through her involvement with the Wounded
Warrior Project and local Veterans Affairs groups, and she also supports breast cancer research
foundations and law enforcement organizations.
Professional Honors and Activities
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Professional Responsibility
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Advanced Legal Argument and Appellate Practice
- Law Alumni Board Scholarship, Recipient
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- The American Law Institute, Scholarship Recipient
- Christian Brothers University, B.A. in Psychology,
summa cum laude, 4.0 GPA, 2010
- The University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law,
magna cum laude, 2014
- Tennessee, 2014