6060 Primacy Parkway, Suite 100
Memphis, Tennessee 38119
Email: thayes [at] harrisshelton [dot] com
Since 1990, Tim Hayes has represented and defended health care facilities, hospitals, nursing homes, dialysis clinics and professionals in professional liability matters. This representation has included doctors, nurses, dentists, nurse practitioners and other professionals in all stages of litigation in state and federal courts.
Tim also has extensive experience representing individuals and entities in litigation and matters involving personal injury, workers’ compensation, construction law, automobile, premises liability and insurance coverage disputes.
Additionally, Tim has a large practice defending trucking companies and their drivers in liability lawsuits.
He is a life-long Memphian and graduated from Memphis University School in 1982. In his spare time, Tim can be found with his wife Stephanie and their three daughters Camille, Catherine and Virginia. When he finds time to escape from his busy professional and family life, Tim enjoys duck hunting, fishing and spending time at his hunting club in Arkansas.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Best Lawyers
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- Memphis Bar Association, Board of Directors 2012 – 2015
- Memphis Bar Association, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Crotts v. Benchmark Mech. Contrs., Inc., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 83
- Delashmit v. City of Covington, 889 S.W.2d 206 (Tenn. 1994)
- Dollar v. Florida Steel Corp., 1998 Tenn. LEXIS 29
- Fisher v. Makowsky & Ringel, Inc., 1992 Tenn. App. LEXIS 430
- Gamble v. Mintz, 1991 Tenn. App. LEXIS 47
- Haywood v. Ormet Aluminum Mill Prods. Corp., 2002 Tenn. LEXIS 201
- Holder v. Terminex Int’l. Co., L.P., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 470
- Jones v. Tipton County, 1997 Tenn. App. LEXIS 697
- Keeling v. Florida Steel, 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 162
- McPherson v. William E. George, Inc., 2010 Tenn. App. LEXIS 276
- Moore v. Town of Collierville, 124 S.W.3d 93 (Tenn. 2004)
- Myers v. AMISUB (SFH), Inc., 382 S.W.3d 300 (Tenn. 2012)
- Parks v. Tennessee Mun. League Risk Mgmt. Pool, 974 S.W.2d 677 (Tenn. 1998)
- Rushing v. Amisub (SFH), Inc., 2017 Tenn. App. LEXIS 90
- Smith v. Methodist Hospitals of Memphis, 995 S.W.2d 584 (Tenn.App. 1999)
- Thomas v. Pointer, 2012 Tenn. App. LEXIS 443
- Thompson v. Ameristeel Corp., 2001 Tenn. LEXIS 480
- West v. AMISUB (SFH), Inc., 2013 Tenn. App. LEXIS 191
Tim has given numerous presentations to local hospital staff on issues including healthcare liability, practicing defensive medicine, charting, risk management issues, and best practices.
- University of Memphis, Juris Doctor, 1989
- Hampden-Sydney College, B.A. Psychology, 1986
- Tennessee, 1989