For more than 40 years, Susan Callison has helped hundreds of clients and their families navigate through the shoals of trust, estate, and income tax planning. Identifying and achieving her clients' wealth transition goals often requires Ms. Callison to use her extensive experience in a number of related areas, for example, private entity business planning, retirement plans and individual retirement planning, compensation packages, personal trusts of every kind, and pre- and post-marital arrangements. At the end of a client’s journey, she steers the family through the probate or trust administration process to implement the family goals as smoothly as possible.
After earning her master’s degree in taxation, Ms. Callison practiced as a member of The Bogatin Law Firm for 29 years. She joined Harris Shelton in 2008.
She is a native of Memphis and a proud Midtowner. In her free time, she enjoys reading, duplicate bridge, reading about duplicate bridge, the Memphis Symphony, reading, chamber music, and haunting bookstores in the pursuit of feeding her voracious library.
Professional Honors and Activities
- Best Lawyers, Trusts and Estates
- Martindale Hubbell rating – AV® Preeminent™
- Memphis Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Association, Member
- Tennessee Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Law Review, Member
- Memphis Estate Planning Council, Member
- University of Florida, LL.M. in Taxation, 1979
- University of Tennessee, J.D., 1974
- Emory University, B.A. in History, 1965
- Tennessee, 1974
- Florida, 1979 (inactive)